Review Questions for Lecture 5: Color in minerals
1. Luster in a minerals refers to light that has been __________________.
2. The color that we perceive a mineral to have derives from light
that is ______________________?
3. What portion of the electromagnetic spectrum can we see?
4. What are the four primary mechanisms that cause color in minerals?
5. What is a chromophore?
6. When can we use color as an identifying tool for minerals?
7. Given an absorption spectrum, how can we determine the color a mineral