Review Questions for Lecture 19: Earth's Crust;
1. Describe the anionic complex that characterizes this non-silicate
Why is it called a 'radical'? What is the bond strength
of the group.
2. Why does CaCO3 form two polymorphs?
These polymorphs also define groups.
Whatis the main difference between these
Is there solid solution between the groups?
3. Describe distinguishing features of the rhombohedral carbonates.
4. What are the geologic environments/conditions, e.g. P, T, or composition,
5. Compare and contrast crystal forms, properties of
calcite and dolomite
6. What geologic environments form carbonates?